Senior Technical Program ManagerLocation :Bangalore
As a Sr Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with Product Managers and Engineering leads to track and deliver releases on time and of good quality. Use the lessons learned to drive process changes to constantly evolve the product development lifecycle and release processes. During releases, monitor the quality of the feature and incoming defects and work closely with teams to get to a release-ready state within the parameters defined by release management.
This is a challenging position with the opportunity to work collaboratively with professionals in a number of cross-functional areas, with a focus on enhancing the customer experience, improving the predictability of features delivered to the market.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Must have a strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Must have skills to effectively influence cross-functional teams
- Must be able to facilitate teams to the successful resolution of issues
- Must have good negotiation, conflict management & resolution skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and act in a lead role as a subject matter expert within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle models
- Experience in Storage, Virtualization, or Networking is a plus
- Scheduling, Coordinating, and management of releases across the enterprise for multiple projects teams.
- Planning release lifecycles, managing risks for release scope, measuring and monitoring the progress of releases.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to track and deliver features to customers.
- Create & own project plans to drive execution of Product features capturing key risks & issues.
- Drive the planning and execution of releases from concept to GA. Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineering, QE, and other functional areas to deliver throughout all the release phases.
- Ensure all committed Features are developed and defects are addressed in releases according to plan.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional Organizations including support for product and process improvements.
- The lead release end game, document test plans/results, track bugs found, and monitor bug fix rate review metrics regularly with the teams for release readiness.
- Check for customer-found defects and work with Engineering on prioritizing which ones need to be backported to applicable release trains.
- Keep management informed of key issues and changes that may impact expected business results
- To be successful, individual in this role needs to apply creative thinking and come up with new
process guidelines to improve engineering productivity & efficiency
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and
- Limited supervision and direction are provided, as this individual can operate and drive results and set priorities independently
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience or Masters plus 2 years of
technology industry experience is required
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or
equivalent experience is required
- Experience in SDLC methodologies – waterfall, Agile, Scrums